Liberty Small Wedding Venue Elope Kansas City
ABOUT YOUR LIBERTY VENUE RENTAL:
The Cakewalk Chapel & Event Space Liberty provides an intimate backdrop for your wedding
ceremony, elopement, or other special event in historic and charming downtown Liberty.
The Cakewalk Chapel & Event Space Liberty leans into its 1920's vintage roots with wall to wall 12 foot arched windows, floor to ceiling sheer drapery & vintage skyscraper fixtures, our soft & bright chapel delivers elegance while balanced with wood accents & wooden chair seating. Lounge on our soft, cozy green velvet loveseats, bask in the warm candle light and enjoy many adorable picture worthy spots throughout the space for photos.
Our new expanded event space adjoins the chapel with an elegant reception area for guests to mingle as we flip the room or a perfect stage for your buffet, champagne toasts, first dances, and cake cutting!
- A 2 hour rental is the perfect amount of time to change into your wedding garb, have a lovely ceremony, and still have plenty of time for pictures and other activities like champagne toasts or first dances.
- A 4.5 hour rental is an ideal amount of time if you want to do a little more with your event. With the extended timeline you have a bit longer to get ready, add a buffet, cut a tiered cake, do more dancing, and possibly go
off-site for your photo shoot during your event.
- An 8 hour rental is great if you would like to get your hair and makeup done with your group in our beautiful setting. Also, it allows time to add personal decorations and embellishments to your event.
Our space can seat up to 70 guests in an airy, light-filled environment. Art deco touches and natural greenery make your event feel welcoming, modern, and warm. Rent the venue alone or add on one of our many service packages.
VENUE RENTAL HIGHLIGHTS:
• 2, 4.5, or 8 Hour Rentals
• 70 Guest Capacity for Weddings & 50 for Receptions
• Fully Decorated and Candlelit Venue
• Full Sized Bar with Drink Cart
• Large Buffet & Cake Tables
• Luxurious Velvet Lounge Seating
• Faux & Real Greenery Throughout
• Customizable Chalkboard & Letters for Couple
• Access to Our Kitchenette
• Speakers for Your Audio Devices
• Wheelchair Accessible
• Large Parking Lot
• BYO Food, Drinks, Vendors Allowed
• Just a Block from the Historic Downtown Liberty Square
2 HOUR VENUE RENTAL
4.5 HOUR VENUE RENTAL
8 HOUR VENUE RENTAL
MORE VENUE DETAILS:
There are a total of 70 seats for your guests. This number does not include anyone who will be in the ceremony, standing with the couple, vendors, or children who can sit on other's guests laps. We do recommend that you do not go over 80 total attendees as it does get crowded as you go over that number.
Our huge parking lot is directly across the street from the venue on Kansas Street.
We do not allow any pets in the venue for insurance reasons.
There is a wheelchair entrance through our main entrance.
THROWN PETALS, BUBBLES & SPARKLERS:
We do not allow any thrown petals, real or fake. However, we do have a "Here Comes the Bride" sign your flower person is welcome to use. We also see a lot of folks have the flower person hand out long stem flowers to the guests sitting along the aisles as the walk down.
Both super cute options since petals aren't an option.
Bubbles are not allowed inside as they make the floor of the space like an ice rink! However, both bubbles and sparklers are welcome outside the venue. We have seen lots of adorable send offs with both.
OUTSIDE FOOD & DRINK:
Both food and drink are allowed with all of our venue rentals with a few caveats.
Please refer to your customer portal for specifics on your particular event for those details.